Safetynet obtains good quality used furniture and distributes free of charge to those in need. A volunteer from Safetynet works with the recipient to ensure it meets their needs and schedule a drop time.
Furniture deliveries include:
- couches, tables (dining, coffee, bedside), chairs, drawers, mirrors, desks, bookshelves
- vacuum cleaners
- kitchen items like plates and small appliances (also usually by visiting)
- new beds and frames
*No cribs or car seats can be supplied by Safetynet as it is not insured to do this. However, we may be able to provide a contact for some individuals who do.
Furniture is provided free, but in order to help offset the cost there is a delivery charge depending on size and distance. Contact us to find out how and if you quality for regional subsidies.
For qualified families, this charge can be subsidized (provided free).
- Within Halton, Mississauga, and Hamilton to the curb:
- $200 for up to 5 items, up to two of them large items.
- $300 for a large load up to 8 items, up to 6 of them large.
- If you need the items delivered inside an apartment or stairs in a house, add $50.
- If you order only beds/mattresses, the delivery charge is $50.
- Brampton, Etobicoke add $50 for extra distance.
You can trade - one large is worth 3 small.
Small Furniture Quantities
It is generally a bit inefficient to deliver just a very small amount of furniture. If you just need one item we may be able to arrange pickup at our facility - please contact us to find out.
A “small” item is something one person can deal with like an end or coffee table.
Beds are sold separately. Full beds include mattress, box-spring, and legs, which forms a standalone unit; without a frame or headboard.
Bed pricing is as follows:
Full set (mattress, boxspring, legs)
- $175 single,
- $255 double,
- $290 queen (we also offer a split queen box for small entrances, at $330 for the whole bed).
- $120 single,
- $175 double,
- $200 queen
- $50 single,
- $80 double,
- $90 queen
Bedbug/sanitary covers are available where it is deemed necessary for $27, $30, $32 respectively. Individuals 6 feet tall or more can order extra long single beds for $225.
If you require financial assistance to cover the cost of delivery please connect with your OW or ODSP worker or call 311 to determine your eligibility.
We do not allow pickups, and you cannot visit to view the items in person at the warehouse.
Our delivery cost includes retrieving from the donor, through warehousing, to the client.
Once the method of payment is determined, you can go to this link to see what we currently have in stock. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following to arrange delivery within one or two weeks:
- Name, address, phone number, method of payment, social worker contact if you are not paying yourself, serial numbers from the link above, whether the delivery is to the curb or inside, days/times we can deliver (during the work week) and any other notes. If it is a large load, we may not be able to deliver inside due to local housing budget constraints.
Extra costs if we deliver inside a place: add $50 to the delivery cost above (not to cost of purchased items like beds below). We do not deliver heavy items up and down stairs if it proves narrow or difficult.
For organizations like Halton Region, OW, etc we can generate an invoice, including a reference number. We generally issue it after successful delivery.
You must be referred to Safetynet by any organization, or visit and become a client directly (providing proof of income or recent asylum), to be approved for delivery.