Thank you for supporting the children and families that Safetynet Children & Youth charities assist. All monies donated will be used to support our tutoring, music programs, and our clothing and food bank.
If you would like to donate by cheque please send by mail or otherwise contact us to arrange cash etc. For email donations please send to email@example.com. If you wish to have a charitable donation receipt please indicate the full name and address to send it to. Receipts generally take a few weeks to issue.
Clothing Donation Program
Donate your used clothing and shoes to Safetynet Children & Youth Charities. Clothing that is donated is provided to families free of charge. We also accept worn and torn clothing for reuse in a rag factory.
Safetynet does receive and appreciate donations of items that can be resold to the public at large. The returns from these donations are used to help with expenses. Only items of sufficient value and sale prospect are accepted. Please contact Safetynet to qualify and arrange any such donations. Although we cannot guarantee sale or a price, we can provide a donation in kind certificate if requested, after the items sell.
Donate Furniture and Household Items
Safetynet obtains good quality used furniture and distributes free of charge to those in need. A volunteer from Safetynet works with the recipient to ensure it meets their needs and schedule a pickup time. Furniture can also be dropped at Safetynet by arrangement only. Please do not drop off furniture at our clothing donation boxes. Meet a representative in person during business hours 9:30 to 1:00 Monday to Friday. Furniture we accept includes
- couches, tables (dining, coffee, bedside), dining chair SETS (not individual), drawers, shelves (assembled)
- strollers, baby items (not cribs or car seats)
- kitchen items including plates, cutlery, pots and pans, small electric appliances such as blender, toaster, microwave.
- Lamps in good condition
- bicycles in any shape, helmets and locks welcome too
- office chairs in excellent condition
Furniture can be dropped off during weekday mornings. In fact this is preferred because it lets our furniture delivery people spend more time delivering. If you will need help unloading it please phone ahead at (905) 845-7233 to ensure someone will be there.
To arrange for a pickup, rather than phone us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name, phone, address of the pickup, what days during the week you can be available, any time constraints (date it will be available, date it must be out), and where it's not clearly excellent quality examples of the above accepted items, pictures to let us decide if it's acceptable. We will contact you to either arrange a visit or the pickup.
We give our furniture away. In order to help offset the cost we request a donation of $50 for pickups within Oakville or Burlington, $75 in Mississauga, Milton. We prefer the items are ready and outside the facility, or at least very easily accessible on the same floor as the entrance. This service does not include taking apart or otherwise preparing items - they must be empty and ready to transport - and does not include stairs, or tight spaces for any larger items. If required, extra time is available for an extra $50 per half hour after the first half hour.
We happily pick up clothing and kitchen items during the furniture pickup. All cloth items in any condition are useful for us.
If you have to clear out waste as well as good furniture, it is possible to get this done too, either by us or an service that will relay good items to us. Please email email@example.com with a description.
Higher value items such as couches, table and chairs, microwave, drawers in excellent condition will be provided with a donation in kind receipt upon request. We also provide a donation certificate for any cash donations.
- All furniture must be accepted by staff either at pick up or drop off. For pick up, pictures are required, and we may need to visit to examine the items.
- Dining tables and chairs, coffee tables, side tables also need to be in good shape and qualified before we accept.
Items we Do NOT Accept
We do NOT accept the following items because they are either not essential or in demand, or not a service we cover. They will be taken to the dump, which costs Safetynet money to transport and dispose of.
- Beds, bed frames, headboards, mattresses and box springs; we sell new ones at a discount for hygiene reasons
- Safetynet is not insured to distribute cribs or car seats. It is possible to place them privately - if you contact Safetynet we may be able to refer you
- Decorative items such as art work, glass decorations
- Large appliances such as fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioners
- Tube TVs, stereos and other household electronics; however there is an electronics waste drop box in the parking lot at the 482 South Service Road location
- Computers that are older than six years
- mattresses, boxsprings and bed frames - we distribute new beds from a supplier
- hutches and china cabinets
- decorative items like vases, Christmas decorations. We do accept good quality artwork for resale to a store.
- books of any kind
- toys (unless new/unopened; note we sell these to a store for our funding)
- broken furniture - even one bad drawer or torn or worn/dirty upholstery
- items with missing hardware - lampshades, screws etc
- fixtures and major appliances, wall or track lighting, ceiling fans
- furniture with soiled, dirty or torn fabric
- fold up chairs and tables
Donate Kitchen and Household Items
- Small kitchen appliances are accepted if they are in good working order and all parts are present.
- Dish sets, useful important items like mixing bowls, pots and pans, cutlery sets are accepted but not if they are broken, incomplete to the point of not being a useful set.
- Working flat screen TV models with no visual issues on the screen. No tube TVs.
- Working laptops and computers / monitors / mouse and keyboard / speakers / microphone are accepted, provided they function well and are reasonably new (about six years)
- We accept working vacuum cleaners that are in good condition.
Please do not drop off items at our clothing donation boxes. Meet a representative in person during business hours 9:30 to 1:00 Monday to Friday. Alternately, kitchen and clothing items can be included with a furniture pick up.
We are unable to issue receipts for donation in kind for kitchen items.
Kitchen Items we Do NOT Accept
Please do not drop the following items. They will be taken to the dump, which costs Safetynet money to transport and dispose of.
- Any decorative or non essential item
- Christmas and seasonal decorations
- Damaged or worn items
- Incomplete sets of dishes or cutlery
- unsorted boxes of cutlery and kitchen tools
- Appliances that are missing attachments, cracked, or do not work well, reliably
- books, recipe cards or boxes
- We accept bikes, if they only require moderate work to fix, i.e. two or three small issues (ex: flat or worn out tire, rusty chain, broken brake cable, broken seat, slightly bent tire, worn brake pads)
- Scooters and glider learning bikes are always in demand. Toddler bikes that have no training wheels are also good.
- Bicycle helmets with no damage or accident history are appreciated
- Bike locks and tire pumps are also in strong demand
- Please bring the bicycles into the facility during business hours. Please arrange ahead of time to ensure someone will be available.
We are unable to provide donation in kind receipts for bicycles.